The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) gives you access to various services and supports to help you live independently. It might be a complex scheme with many terms you won’t hear elsewhere. Plan management is one of them. So, what exactly is it? And how does it assist you? If you’re new to NDIS plan management, you probably have many questions. We’re here to answer all of your queries. Read ahead to learn everything you need to know about NDIS plan management.
1. What is Plan Management?
NDIS plan management is a service that assists you in managing your NDIS funds.
You have three options for managing your funding:
- Self-Management: Manage the funds yourself – you are in charge of paying providers and keeping track of your budget.
- NDIA/Agency-Managed: Request that the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) manage your funds on your behalf; this means you can only receive support and services from NDIS-registered providers.
- Plan-Management: Appoint an NDIA Plan Manager (such as Instacare) who will work with you to manage your funds.
2. What are the Benefits of Plan Management?
An NDIS plan manager can assist you with the following:
- Improve your financial and plan management abilities.
- Learn how to manage your plan on your own.
- Payment procedures
- Increase your provider options.
- Get more budget oversight and NDIS plan budget reports.
It has numerous advantages for you. Plan management can assist you in the following ways:
- Make the most of your money by ensuring every invoice is paid on time and you are not overcharged for any support services.
- You can choose the providers you want because plan management allows you to use both registered and non-registered NDIS providers.
- Prepare for your plan review. Your NDIA plan manager will provide a detailed breakdown of how your funds are spent. It can help you plan for the funds you require next year.
- Help you get on with your life when you don’t have the burden of NDIS paperwork, and you’ll have sufficient time to do the things that make you happy.
3. Will it Cost me Anything?
Not a single dime. Tell the NDIA that you want a plan manager, and they will fund it through your plan. It is distinct from the other services and supports covered by your NDIS funding. If you’ve decided you want a plan manager, you can get in touch with NDIS experts to discuss it.
4. Can I Choose a Plan Manager of my Choice?
Yes! Choosing is essential because you want an excellent NDIA plan manager who fits your needs and preferences. Small family-run businesses, accounting firms, and large disability service providers provide plan management services.
You want someone who is easy to work with, listens to you, and keeps good financial records. They must be trustworthy, capable, and willing to accompany you on your NDIS journey.
5. What Does a Plan Manager Do?
An NDIA plan manager assists you in managing the funds in your NDIS plan and ensuring that your plan gets implemented and funds get spent following due procedure. They will accomplish this by:
- Providing you with information on how to maximise and manage the funds in your NDIS plan
- Processing and paying your service providers’ invoices
- Providing you with regular financial statements of expenditure and fund balances.
6. How Do I Choose an NDIS Plan Manager?
Choosing the right NDIA plan manager is an important decision. You’ll want to make sure that you choose a company that you can trust with your finances and has a good reputation. Also, look for a company that offers good customer service and is easy to communicate with. Finally, ensure that whomever you choose provides the services you need and that they are transparent about their fees. Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’ll be able to select the best NDIA plan manager for your needs.
7. What are the Options for Managing NDIS Funds?
You can manage your NDIS funds in three ways:
- Plan Managed
- NDIA Managed
You can also mix and match these options.
8. How Do I Include Plan Management in my Plan?
If your current NDIS plan management is listed under Capacity Building Supports and Improved Life Choices (Choice & Control) in your NDIS Plan, you can contact professionals for better insight. If your current plan does not include NDIS plan management in Sydney, you can request to have it in your next project at your Plan Review meeting. Can’t stand the wait? To request Plan Management, contact the NDIS and request an early Plan Review.
9. Can I Change my Plan Manager Amidst the Plan?
Yes, and it’s easy! Once you’ve signed up with your new Plan Manager, you need to notify your current Plan Manager that you’re switching. You are not required to explain why; it is entirely up to you. You must also inform your service providers that they should send their invoices to your new Plan Manager.
NDIS plan management in Sydney can be a great way to take control of your NDIS funding and support plan. Many benefits come with using a plan manager, including more power, access to online reports, and reduced stress levels. When choosing a plan manager, consider factors such as reputation, customer service, and fees. With a little bit of research, you’ll be able to find the best NDIS plan manager for your needs.