Want to know the steps to troubleshoot multi-user issues of QuickBooks when using Mac devices? If yes, then reading this post till the end will surely help. The user can land into such an error when trying to share a company file. This error can be resolved using certain steps, which we will be mentioned in this post. Thus, make sure to read this post till the end or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team for any further tech assistance. Give us a call at +1-844-405-0907 and we will provide you with instant support services.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Important points to remember
Before starting with the troubleshooting, the user should ensure the following:
- The user needs to check if the QuickBooks sever run even when the computer is in Sleep mode
- Does any of the network settings or QuickBooks server setup change
- Also check if there are any of the network settings on your computer or QuickBooks server computer that has changed
- The user needs to ensure that the server sharing the QuickBooks company file does not change the network settings.
- Check the internet connection
The user can try to perform the below steps to eliminate the issue. However, it is important to ensure that the QuickBooks server is running and that the company file is shared.
- At first, the user needs to click on go option from the application dropdown
- After that, double click the QuickBooks server icon
- The next step is to share the file needed
- The user should note that it is important for the host Computer to grant permission and run the QuickBooks server App. The company file that needs to be shared also needs to be saved on the same computer that has the QuickBooks Server App installed.
- After that the user needs to check for the OS firewall settings
- This can be done by clicking on the system preferences
- And then selecting the icon for security and privacy
- After that click on the firewall option
- And also click on activate tab
- The next step is to ensure that QuickBooks server app is allowed incoming connections
- And then ensure that the file sharing permissions are set correctly
Few things to keep in mind before Troubleshooting Multi-User Issues:
Remember these facts while troubleshooting multi user issues.
Does your QuickBooks sever run even when the computer is in Sleep mode?
- It can be done by changing the “System Preferences“:
- Select the “Application” button from “Energy Saver“.
- Change “Settings” the computer sleep to “Never“.
With this, we end the post here with the hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in permanently removing this error from QuickBooks. But if the error continues to trouble you or if you get stuck at any point, then contact our QuickBooks support professionals at +1-844-405-0907and they will provide you with instant support and assistance. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance.