Dealing with QuickBooks technical glitches and snags is very annoying & is a tiresome task. Although it is famous accounting software helping businesses with their chores, sometimes it is annoying to face the glitches. One such glitch is QuickBooks error code 1209, which occurs due to a network timeout.
It indicates that the QuickBooks software cannot look for an IP address; the QuickBooks servers are tied to a shoddy network. The error generally triggers at times QuickBooks does not get any revert from the backend systems.
To fix this error without getting stuck, follow this article till the end as it covers every detail to fix the QuickBooks error 12029.
External & Internal Causes triggering Error 12029
Generally, the QuickBooks error 12029 triggers due to any of the following reasons:
Internal Cause QuickBooks Error 12029
- QuickBooks itself is not able to find any internet connection.
- The server of QuickBooks is blocked
- The Windows operating system is outdated
- Any issues related to connection in QuickBooks
External Causes QuickBooks Error 12029
- Wrong setting of SSL
- Inability to detect Internet explorer as a default browser
- The internet security or firewall does not allow QuickBooks to get access to the server
- When a user is trying to download the updates of QuickBooks software
The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12029
The below-mentioned points contain some early signs triggering Error 12029 of QuickBooks. Although there are different symptoms based on various QuickBooks versions, the most common ones are as follows:
- The software may itself quit at the time of installing or downloading updates of payroll.
- It mentions Error 12029 on the update windows of payroll.
- The user’s operating system does not promptly respond to the commands
- The invisibility of Payroll update options in QuickBooks
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12029
Method 1: Test the Settings and Connectivity
QuickBooks utilizes Internet Explorer as its default browser, which is why users need to verify if Internet has been set to default. Follow the below steps:
- Shut down the QuickBooks desktop and go to Microsoft IE.
- Then either hold the Alt key or head to the tools tab.
- Launch internet options and go to Security Tab
- Click on the globe icon of internet explorer and verify if the level of security on the Security tab window is Medium-to-high.
- Next, go to the Connections
- If the user uses a dial-up node, select the option “Correct internet service provider”; otherwise, select “Never dial a connection.”
- Click OK and head to LAN settings.
- Search the tab “Automatically detect settings.”
- Tick the checkbox “Proxy Server” and click OK
- Head to the advanced tab and select “Restore advanced settings.”
- Now choose TLS 1.2 & select Ok
- Close Internet explorer & then restart your computer.
- Install and launch TLS 1.2 utility
Method 2: Verify Firewall and Antivirus Security Settings
If the issue is not resolved with Method 1, check out if there is any security software stopping the downloading process. It generally happens because of firewall or antivirus settings. Follow the below steps for fixing this error:
- Install the File doctor tool of QuickBooks from the official website of Intuit.
- Save this tool on the system’s desktop and run it.
- Then the files doctor tool of QuickBooks will set up the firewall, followed by opening ports.
- Verify, if the issue is resolved
Method 3: Download or update the security certificate of QuickBooks
- Go to the Properties section of QuickBooks by right-clicking on its icon.
- In the Shortcut tab, select “Open file location” and OK
- Afterward, select the “Properties” option by right-clicking on the file “exe.”
- Select the option “QuickBooks,” and from the tab “Digital signature,” click on the details option.
- Go to the option “View certificate,” followed by installation of a certificate from the “General tab.”
- Ensure setting the present user in the name of the store location from the window “Certificate Import Wizard” and hit Next
- Lastly, click on Finish and OK.
Method 4: Update by opening your window in Safe Mode
- Press windows+I on the keyboard
- Then go to the option “security and update” & select it.
- Choose the option “Recovery” and then head to Advanced Setup.
- Ensure coping with the instructions present on the screen and reboot the computer.
- Then, restart your system and repeatedly press the F8 key to get an option of running your computer in Safe mode in networking.
- Then update.
The above article has covered almost all the possible steps to fix QuickBooks Error 12029. Therefore, following the steps till the end ensures that Error 12029 will be resolved. However, if a user still faces the same Error 12029, it is suggested to contact the QuickBooks error support team 1-800-615-2347.