The QuickBooks error 6069 is part of the 6000 error series that blocks the users from opening the QuickBooks company file. This error arises when the original company data file is changed with a copy of the backup file with the same name. It also occurs when the original company file is moved to a different location and when the users try to make an invoice in a particular account and proceed to save it, and the QuickBooks programs shut down unexpectedly without any prior indications. To know about this error in detail, you can follow this article.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can reach us at +1-855-738-0359 to get guidance from our support team.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6069?
When the user experiences the Unrecoverable errors 6069, he/she can’t proceed with their work and doesn’t even know the causes behind this; to learn about the leading causes, go through the mentioned points:
- This error arises when there is an incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Software.
- Using Outdated QuickBooks and Incomplete installation of QB in the system can also trigger this error.
- A damaged Windows registry also is responsible for the error.
- This error can also occur when a third party is interfering in QuickBooks.
- Bad sectors of the Windows hard drive are also a reason behind this error.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6069 Quickly
The QuickBooks desktop error 6069 has been experienced by many users, due to which they have to stop their work. To rectify the QuickBooks company file error 6069, below are the different solutions; just go through them individually.
Solution 1: Set the QB as a Trusted Program in AVG
Sometimes, the AVG antivirus doesn’t recognize QuickBooks as a trusted program, so there are more chances of getting more errors. So, set the QuickBooks application as a trusted program in the AVG antivirus and eliminate error 6069 in QuickBooks.
- Access the AVG Antivirus program, hit the Computer icon, and select the settings tab.
- Under the Exception section, you have to press Add Exceptions.
- Then, from the Exception Type drop-down menu, hit the File option, click on the Browse button, and find the QuickBooks Utility file from the QB installation section.
- Finally, press OK twice, followed by Yes, to save the settings.
You may additionally learn: chase :- QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file
Solution 2: Verify the Extension of the QuickBooks Company File to Rectify the Error
Another solution is to verify the extension of the QuickBooks company file by following these steps.
- Access Windows File Manager and locate the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Usually, the company file is located inside C:\ Users\ Public\ Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company Files folder. Also, make sure the company file has a .qbw extension.
- If the file has a different extension, then right-click the file, choose Rename and replace the existing extension with .qbw and save the file name.
- Try to launch the QuickBooks company file once again in QuickBooks.
Errors 6069: QB 2023 Desktop unexpectedly exits can be quite common to encounter while working on the application. This article mentions the effective solutions to resolve this error, and if the error persists, you can call us at +1-855-738-0359 to help from our technical team.