QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is actually a company file error that mostly gets provoked whenever users try to create a backup copy of any of their company files on the QB Desktop. In addition, this exasperating error can show up while restoring the .QBW file on the system and even while simply opening the company file.
The various causes of this error have been explained thoroughly in this blog, along with some of the best solutions.
To get direct help from a QB Expert for the QuickBooks Error 6000 83, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
6000 83 Error Code in QuickBooks: Most Common Causes
The relevant causes of the 6000 83 Error Code in QuickBooks are as follows:
- Damage to various QB files, including the company file (.QBW), and restrictions initiated by anti-virus applications on the computer often provoke this error.
- Keeping the company file on an external server and not operating the QB application with full admin privileges can also lead to this error.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Simplest Solutions to Eradicate Error Message 6000 83 in QB Desktop on the System
The Error Message 6000 83 in QB Desktop can be resolved if you use the following solutions:
Type A: Error Popped Up While Creating the Backup of the Company File
Solution: Save the Backup file in a newly-created folder on the C: drive to ensure immediate rectification of this error
- The first task that you must complete is to head towards the C: drive on your system, and then you need to launch it, and thereafter, you are required to right-click on the screen to tap on the ‘New’ option.
- Next, you need to choose the ‘Folder’ option to quickly generate a new folder within the C: drive, and at the same time, you have to assign the new folder a proper name such as ‘QBDESKFOLDER’.
- Now, you should commence the creation of the backup company file by following all the relevant steps, and when the backup file is fully created, you must ensure that it is saved in the ‘QBDESKFOLDER’ within the C: drive.
- By using this new backup file from the ‘QBDESKFOLDER’, you can even restore the original company file on your system.
Type B: Error Popped Up While Restoring the Company File
Solution: Immediately decimate this company file error by making sure that the backup file and its folder possess name according to the relevant criteria
- Firstly, you must identify the correct location of the folder holding the backup company file (.QBB extension), and then you need to launch that folder to right-click on the .QBB file.
- Next, you must hit the ‘Rename’ option, and then you should ensure that all the unnecessary elements like special characters and symbols are eradicated from the name of the .QBB file.
- You must save the new name of the .QBB file without any undesirable elements like special characters or symbols, and thereafter, you must also edit the backup company file folder’s name as per the process described for the .QBB file.
- Once both the .QBB file and its folder possess names as per the defined criteria, you can effectively restore the company file.
These solutions are perfect for fully resolving the QuickBooks Error 6000 83. If you have any doubts regarding any solution or its steps, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Support Team.
Read this blog also: QuickBooks Error 6176