Ayurveda has been very supportive in our life since ancient times and its impact has not diminished with the changing times. In today’s era, Ayurveda is recognize a lot because of its healing powers associated with the human body. We can use the herb named Tulsi / Basil along with other adaptogenic herbs to counter the stress arising in our bodies.
What is Tulsi (Basil)
Tulsi, or Holy Basil, is an aromatic Ayurvedic herb that beholds deep health benefits for both the mind and body. Tulsi is so versatile in nature that Indians have long considered the plant sacred. In fact, it is called Holy Basil because it is far regarded as a living manifestation of the divine in the plant kingdom. This adaptogenic herb is increasingly popular in the West for its ability to loosen up the mind and protect the body.
How to use Tulsi?
SNAANA steam-distilled edible Tulsi (Basil) essential oil and Hydrosol or herb water is best. It can be used to add flavor & nutrition to food & beverages, heal the body and promote good health. SNAANA basil essential oil is hot in nature and has a warm, spicy, strong, pungent aroma and bitter taste. This essential oil & herb water is 100% free from chemicals & preservatives.
Health benefits of Tulsi
Here are some benefits of SNAANA Edible tulsi that you must know-
- Anti-aging- phytonutrients, vitamins C, and A are a great source of antioxidants in basil that protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Relieves Headaches- tulsi is a natural headache reliever that can also relieve migraine aches.
- Respiratory Disorders- the presence of compounds like eugenol, cineole, and camphene, tulsi cures viral, bacterial, and fungal infections of the respiratory system. It can cure various respiratory disorders like tuberculosis and bronchitis.
- Aids in losing weight- tulsi helps you to lose weight by releasing toxins from the body by improving your gut health. It also accelerates the rate of metabolism in the body, which further accelerates the fat-burning process in the body.
- Improve Digestive System- tulsi is known to enhance liver health which is why it aids in improving the digestive system.
- Helps fight Diabetes- tulsi tea can be effective in managing diabetes. It’s one of the most preferred herbal teas for managing diabetes.
- Good for the skin- tulsi essential oil helps the skin get rid of blemishes and acne. It is rich in antioxidants and that helps to prevent premature aging.
Where to buy the Best Tulsi Essential Oil and Herb Water
SNAANA used the traditional technique of steam distillation to produce edible and pure essential oil and herb water from Tulsi. This fresh herb is cute and steam distilled. The steam passes through the herb and turns to droplets of water when it comes in contact with the condenser. This ancient process is considered best even today because of its being totally chemical & preservative free. Purity and preservative-free make this herb healthy synthetic-free. You can purchase this essential oil and herb water online from the SNAANA website.