Dental implants are a relatively new surgical procedure. There are only a few dentists in the country that offer the surgery because of the controversy surrounding the procedure. Most dentists don’t offer dental implants because there are no insurance companies willing to cover it. Even if you have health insurance and dental insurance, it’s not a good deal.
Medicaid is working with dentists, dental facilities, and dental insurance providers to develop a dental implant program. Medicaid is currently covering implants in a small percentage of its beneficiaries. The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) has proposed two procedures to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for funding; the NIDCR Program for Reconstructive Dental Implant, and the NIDCR Program for Implant Coverage, in partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The cost of placing an implant in a patient is
It is common for multiple doubts to be generate around the entire process and it is also common for patients to come across notable differences in terms of budgets for implants. For all these reasons, it is necessary to take into account a series of factors, such as those set out below, that allow the patient to have sufficient information to be able to make the right choice.
What is a dental implants?
A dental implant is a cylindrical piece that is insert into the maxillary bone to replace the root of a tooth, either due to lack of pieces or due to deterioration or loss of them. They are generally made of titanium, a material that fuses with the bone through a process of osseointegration.
Once fusion occurs, a custom prosthesis is designed and placed over the implant. It can be of different types depending on the materials, anchors, etc.
They offer multiple advantages for patients, since they are fixed, therefore stable and durable, and the aesthetic results are excellent.
Steps to follow for the placement of a dental implant
Rehabilitation with implants involves a series of steps to follow:
- Examination prior to surgery, with all the necessary tests, to design the treatment plan and determine the correct location of the implant
- Surgery and implant placement
- Placement of the personalized prosthesis
- Subsequent revisions scheduled by the implantologist
- It is necessary that the patient, when requesting a quote, take into account the steps included to assess the full cost of the treatment and the qualities and guarantees it offers.
Factors that influence the total price of implants
When analyzing a budget, our recommendation is to pay special attention to a series of aspects:
- Professional specialization: our dentists are experts in Implantology and offer exclusive dedication. So that they have the required experience together with extensive knowledge of their area.
- Quality of materials: keep in mind that not all materials are the same or offer the same results. At Vithas Internacional we have high-end brands that provide the highest quality to our work. We work with laboratories capable of creating perfect prostheses in terms of function and aesthetics. With results that are indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Technique: it is important to carry out a personalized study of each patient to achieve the most satisfactory result in each case. That is why the technique is apply individually. The implantologist is in charge of assessing this aspect, therefore his experience and training is essential. Our unit has all the necessary techniques and we are prepare to deal with any complications that may arise.
- Technology: we are equip with the most advance technology that allows us to provide greater precision in our diagnosis, increasing the effectiveness of our treatment.
- Subsequent monitoring: the implants are design to last for many years, but it is necessary to monitor the patient through regular annual reviews that allow us to keep them in perfect condition.
The patient has to take into account all these aspects to be able to assess the budget that is present to him and estimate whether or not it is a fair price.