American Airlines is one of the best carriers for unaccompanied kids in all respects, be it safety or comfort. American Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy ensures that the parents or the guardians of the child send them without even a pinch of worry on the flights.
If you want to learn about the unaccompanied minor policy of American Airlines, you can find all the necessary details in the sections discussed below.
Highlights on American Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy
There are certain sets of rules or terms and conditions that you need to follow if you are sending your minor on an American Airlines flight alone. Here are they:
- American airlines count children falling into the age group of 5 to 17 years as a minor.
- However, if a child is between 14 to 18 years and the parents want them to travel under American airline’s unaccompanied services, the airline allows for it.
- Also, the unaccompanied minor can travel only on direct and non-stop flights.
- Moreover, the airlines do it allow unaccompanied minors to travel on American airlines night flights.
- For domestic flights, an unaccompanied minor has to check in at least 2 hours before the departure of the flight.
- On the other hand, when it comes to international flights, you need to be present at At least 3 hours before the flight departure.
- Furthermore, children falling into the category of 15 to 17 age group can fly on connecting flights also.
Therefore, this was all about the unaccompanied minor travelling with the airline. Now let us move toward the American airline unaccompanied minor flight booking fee and the process for the same.
How can I book an American Airlines flight for an unaccompanied minor?
Well, the booking for an unaccompanied minor can be made through three different modes. The customers can choose to do it either online or offline mode. Or the customers can directly go to the airport and make a booking for their unaccompanied minor.
Online American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Booking:
- First, go to the official site of the airline.
- Then, visit the flight booking section.
- After this, select the unaccompanied minor category.
- After that, you have to enter the destination, the origin of departure, and the flight dates.
- Now, you need to enter every small detail of the passenger.
- Once you pay the free, you will receive a firm email that you need to fill out correctly and send it back to the airline.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Booking via phone:
- Dial the American Airlines flight booking number.
- After that, you have to wait for the live representative of American Airlines to connect.
- So, you will listen to an IVR system, following which you have to select a digit to select your preferred language.
- Then, tell the person that you have called the airline to make American airlines unaccompanied minor booking.
- Now, the airline person will fill out the form on your behalf.
Therefore, apart from these two methods, you can also visit the airport directly, go to the American Airlines flight booking counter and get a booking for your unaccompanied minor. Buit, if you want this to happen from the ease of your couch, just dial the American airline’s phone number.
What is the American airline’s unaccompanied minor fee?
Unaccompanied travelling with American airlines costs something extra, apart from the normal charges of the flight fare. Here are a few points that will clarify all about the expenses related to American Airlines’ minor flight:
- On Domestic flights and for way trips, you need to pay $150 extra
- On the other hand, for a round trip and a domestic flight, you have to pay $300.
- Now when it comes to international flights, pay $150 and some additional charges and taxes for a one way trip, and $300 with additional costs and taxes for a round trip.
So, call us now to make a booking for your unaccompanied minor.