When using QuickBooks, users may run into problems when attempting to operate the application, such as when QuickBooks stops unexpectedly or crashes repeatedly while the programme is being used. This problem can occur both with and without an error notice appearing at the same time in various circumstances. The fact that QuickBooks keeps crashing causes the user to feel helpless because they don’t understand what’s causing it or how to fix it. Continue reading this article if you are a user of QuickBooks who is experiencing this difficulty so that you can learn how to resolve the problem with the assistance of a few different remedies that are shown to be effective.
In the event that you are unable to comprehend the instructions and require assistance in addressing the issue, you can get in touch with our technical support team by dialing 1-888-704-1357. They will provide you with prompt assistance in fixing the problem.
Related article — Forgot QuickBooks Payroll PIN
QuickBooks Crashing: Why Does Something Like This Always Take Place?
There are a number of potential causes for the problems with QuickBooks crashing, including the following:
- QuickBooks is being hampered by either an anti-virus programme or an application developed by a third party.
- It appears that the QBWUSER.ini file has suffered some kind of corruption.
- The QuickBooks application will crash with an error message if the company file that you are attempting to access is corrupt.
- The QuickBooks application will not run properly on your computer because of a compatibility issue.
- There was either a mistake made during the installation of QuickBooks, or the installation was not finished.
There Are Solutions Available to Fix the Problem of QuickBooks Continually Crashing
For whatever reason your QuickBooks application suddenly closes, try one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: If you still have problems, try turning off your antivirus software.
If you are using a third-party application or an anti-virus programme, you will need to disable it through the Control Panel of your computer in order to prevent it from interfering with QuickBooks. Now, try visiting QuickBooks once more to determine whether or not the crashing has ceased.
Solution 2: Rename the ECML and.ini files.
Simply replacing your QBWUSER.ini file and the data entitlement file should be enough to resolve any problems you may be experiencing with them.
- Right-clicking the.ini file that’s located on the C drive will open the file for editing.
- Click Add after selecting the Rename menu option.
- OLD should be appended to the very end of the file name.
- At this point, you should also rename the file entitled entitlementdatastore.ecml.
- In order to determine whether or not the problem with QuickBooks crashing has been resolved, you will need to restart the system and then run QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Alter the Names of the Files That End in.ND and.TLG
If QuickBooks closes unexpectedly when you are opening a company file, there may be an error in either the network data or the transaction log files.
- Find the files that have the.ND and.TLG extensions by going to the directory that contains the company files for QuickBooks and looking for them.
- To rename the files, right-click on them and select the option from the context menu that appears.
- Rename the files by include the extension.OLD in the end of the new names, and then save the modifications.
- If you try to open the company file once more, you may check to see if the problem still exists.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor as the last solution.
In order to perform maintenance and troubleshooting on your QuickBooks application, you can access the file doctor through the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Choose Company File problems from the drop-down menu on the tools center, then navigate for the company file. Start the process of repairing the problem. And after it’s Finish, open QuickBooks and make another attempt to access the company file.
The strategies that have been presented will be of assistance to you in properly resolving the issue where QuickBooks closes unexpectedly. If the issue continues, you will likely require more in-depth diagnostics and repair procedures. Call our toll-free number, 888-704-1357. And to get in touch with a member of our support staff who can aid you in finding a solution to the problem.