QuickBooks is the most preferred accounting application. The only drawback is the technical glitches that users face. One such is QuickBooks payroll error PS058 that evokes while downloading and installing the payroll update. Using an outdated QuickBooks application and inactive payroll subscription are the leading cause of the error. However, following the correct troubleshooting procedure can help you rectify the error. Go through the other sections of the blog to know what prompts the payroll error PS058 and how to fix it.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks payroll error PS058 on your own and need assistance, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by giving a call on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646
Main causes of unable to update payroll error PS058
Below are the most common reasons that prompt the error:
- QuickBooks payroll service key is incorrect, or the payroll subscription is expired.
- The Employee Identification Number (EIN) is not correct.
- There is some corruption in the Windows component files.
- The QuickBooks data file is either damaged or saved to a different location.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Network Connection Error
Most Effective Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop error PS058
Solution 1. Check QuickBooks company file for errors
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
- Tap the F2 key on your keyboard to open up the Product Information window.
- Next, tap the F3 key to bring up the Tech Help window and choose Open File location.
- Look for the QBWin.log file and select it. Wait till the file opens and tap the Ctrl + F keys to open the search bar.
- Enter error, press the Enter key and follow the instructions given on the screen to resolve the issue.
Solution 2. Review payroll subscription and service key
- Start QuickBooks, select the Employees menu, and click the My Payroll Service option.
- Choose the Manage Payroll service key and go to the Add Payroll window.
- There, check the 12-digit payroll service key and click Next.
- Select the Help menu, scroll down to Manage my License, and choose Sync License Data Online.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to activate the QuickBooks payroll subscription and go to the Employees menu.
- Choose My Payroll Service, click Account/Billing Information and log in to the QuickBooks account using Intuit credentials.
- Head to the Status section and click the Re-subscribe button.
Solution 3. Check the Employee Identification Number
- Within QuickBooks, go to the Company menu and select My Company.
- Click the Edit button, move to the left side of the window and choose the Company Identification tab.
- Head to the Federal Employer Identification section and check EIN.
- Once checked and updated, click OK and select the Lists tab.
- Select Payroll Item List and assure that the Account ID reflects the correct number.
It’s time to end our blog on QuickBooks payroll error PS058. We hope the solutions discussed above work for you in eliminating the issue. If the problem continues and you need any help, dial 1-855-948-3646 and consult certified QuickBooks professionals for assistance.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding