Due to changes in lifestyle, people face obesity, stomach diseases, and many other diseases. Actually, in this run-of-the-mill life, man has forgotten to give importance to himself and this is the reason that nowadays people are also in the grip of stress due to improper lifestyle, so man should give more importance to health in his life, otherwise, These problems will give rise to many other problems and you will continue to be troubled. So doing Uttanpadasana yoga for this can prove beneficial for you. Actually, yoga has earned a lot of names in the last few years because it is believed that doing yoga maintains a balance between soul and mind. Many physicians and celebrities are also practicing it as well as advising their loved ones to practice it, the word yoga is derived from Sanskrit which means to unite.
Yoga is suitable for people of all ages and does not require any superlative skills. Unless you do some difficult postures. Uttanpadasana yoga is also a very easy asana, which you can easily do in your home.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
What is Uttanpadasana Yoga?
Uttanpadasana is one of the common yoga postures performed by yogis. It is also called The Raised Leg Pose in English. This asana is effective in relieving constipation, obesity, belly, and other stomach-related diseases. People who have a desire for abs or a flat stomach can do this asana daily. This asana is beneficial in strengthening the abdominal muscles and improving the digestive system. This asana is one of the total four asanas of the navel. By its practice, the navel comes in its place and 72864 Nadis are massaged. It will be a bit difficult to do in the beginning but continuous practice will help in doing it successfully. This asana is also famous for the name Dwi Padasana.
How to do Uttanpadasana:
- First of all, lie down on the ground by laying a posture.
- Now let both the palms touch the ground with the thighs.
- Inhale slowly and lift the feet 45-60 degrees off the ground.
- To feel the pressure in the lower abs, hold this pose for 15-20 seconds, and while exhaling bring your feet back towards the ground.
- do this 3-4 times a day
What are the benefits of Uttanpadasana?
- Uttanpadasana is effective in relieving stomach ailments like constipation and acidity.
- If this asana is done daily, it can strengthen your hip, back, and thigh muscles.
- This pose is also beneficial for those who face problems like landing on the ground.
- Initially, it may prove to be painful but with the passage of time, it strengthens your back.
- Indigestion and gas are destroyed by practicing this asana.
- Do not practice if you have stomach or back pain.
- If you are about to become a mother or menstruating, then do not do mudra at all.
- People who suffer from diseases like slip discs and high blood pressure are advised not to practice it.
- Those with cervical, spondylosis should not do this asana.
- Do not do this asana without the guidance of a yoga expert.